The following guidelines have been put into place for your personal safety, wellbeing and health. Treat each person, their property, their culture, views, opinions, and belief system with respect.
- Alcohol and/or Drug Use: There will be no alcohol or drugs consumed or permitted on the premises. We reserve the right to search your room and belongings if there is suspicion of alcohol or any other drug use. Given that, we are an alcohol drug Healing and Recover facility, no alcohol, or mood altering substances [beyond approved prescription medications] are allowed on the premises. Please respect yourself and each other by ensuring our Centre remains a drug-free facility!
- Abuse: Physical or sexual abuse will not be tolerated. Ongoing verbal abuse may result in termination of Healing and Recovery. Violence of any sort [including threats and intimidation] will not be tolerated. You will be taught ways in which to handle conflict in a productive and positive manner. Please apply these lessons when disagreements arise.
- Relationships: There will be no romantic or intimate relationships allowed during your stay at VHYTC. Sexual relationships and intimate contact of any kind is not permitted. Such relationships may be unhealthy and can distract you from the real purpose for which you are here.
- Theft: Stealing from the VHYTC, employees, other Participants, or visitors will not be tolerated. This includes shoplifting when in the Community.
- Confidentiality: Whatever is said here stays here with the exception of disclosure that threatens yours or others safety. Violating another individual’s rights is prohibited. More specifically, every person entering the VHYTC [Employees, Participants, and Visitors] have the right to feel safe and to be free from discrimination due to their cultural identity, sexual orientation, or religion, disability or language. We also all have the right not be threatened or to be verbally, physically, or sexually harassed.
- No horseplay: Do not engage in any type of horseplay. This may cause fights or cause injuries that were unintended.
Please note that the violation of any ONE of guidelines #1 to #6 may result in your immediate discharge from the VHYTC Healing and Recovery Program.
- Administration area: This area is off limits.
- Any type of racism, sexual discrimination, harassment, sexual preference, religion, and faith or belief intolerance is not accepted and will be dealt with immediately and may include immediate dismissal from VHYTC.
- No inappropriate clothing such as muscle shirts, low cut shirts, halter tops, tights or any clothing with inappropriate logos or advertising is allowed.
- Attendance to in-house and outside AA, Alateen and NA meetings are mandatory.
- Cell phones, IPods, laptops, and other electronic components: These are not allowed. They will be stored until you are discharged.
- Group/Modular Learning: these activities are mandatory Do not leave sessions without permission.
- Sunglasses, hats, and hoodies: These are not to be worn in session or in the building.
- Wakeup call: Is at 7:45 a.m. Breakfast is self-service at 8:00 a.m. Brunch is served on Saturday and Sundays at 11:00 a.m.
- TV: This is allowed only when leisure time is scheduled.
- Products containing alcohol paraphernalia: These and other articles that will be confiscated or held are:
- Personal tobacco [cigarettes] products, lighters, match. Will be returned when leaving Valley Hill Youth Treatment Centre
- Snuff, chewing tobacco, and smoking cessation gum, patches, and cigars are strictly prohibited.
- Participants or Employees of VHYTC cannot purchase tobacco products for Participants.
- Prescription medication and all OTC [over the counter] medication.
- Anything that is flammable or explosive.
- Shoe polish, fingernail polish, hair dye.
- Mouth wash, mouth or breath sprays.
- Any energy drinks.
- Perfumes, colognes and aftershaves [VHYTC is a scent free building].
- Knives and any other sharp objects.
- All pornographic material, all sex-related magazines depicting sexual explicit pictures or articles, clothing with sexual or demeaning words or pictures on them.
- Do not go into other Participant’s rooms. This is your space to be alone, have quiet time, and for protection of your belongings.
- Room searches will occur at the discretion of Employees.
- Meals must be eaten within designated area only.
- No sleeping or lying down on the couches or feet up on the furniture.
- Unless pre-approved by the Executive Director and or the Clinical Supervisor, Visitation is only on Saturdays between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Participants are expected to clean up after themselves, make their beds, and keep their room clean and tidy.
- No leaving group or building unescorted by a VHYTC Employee (s)
- No sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds are allowed at VHYTC.
- Doors will be locked and alarmed at 9:45 p.m.
Youth accessing services at VHYTC will be expected to agree to the guidelines and rules.
Breach of these guidelines can result in immediate dismissal from VHYTC program.